What is a HTML form ?
HTML form is a part of the document facilitates the user to enter data which is then sent to the server for processing.
HTML forms acts as a container for many input elements like text fields, password fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, submit button, reset button etc.
Why we use HTML forms ?
HTML forms are used to get data from the user and once submitted, that data will be sent to server for processing.
HTML forms are used widely in all online application process.
<html> <head> <title>My Webpage</title> </head> <body> <form> </form> </body> </html>
Basic html for beginners !!!Click to Learn More about – HTML Tutorial for beginners
1. Simple HTML form with Username and Password.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>My Webpage</title> </head> <body> <p>Simple Form</p> <form> User Name : <input type = "text" name = "username" /> <br/><br/> Password : <input type = "password" name = "password" /> </form> </body> </html>
What are the form attributes ?
There are five main attributes used in HTML forms.
What are the advantages of HTML forms ?
1. HTML form makes data much easier to sort and manage.
2. HTML form process the date which actually rely on web scripts and sends to server.
3. HTML form is easy to design and convenient easy to use by the users.
4. HTML form is more efficient in collecting data such as feedbacks, surveys, polls etc.
What are the disadvantages of HTML forms ?
1. HTML form depends upon the type of the scripting language.
2. In some cases, like calculations, validations, and marking controls we need to have programmers help.
3. HTML form faces difficultly in initialising the form data.